|| is a membership organization supported by the business community. As a non-profit organization, the Chamber acts as the spokesperson for the business and professional community.
We partner with the Greater Des Moines Partnership, Eastern Polk Regional Development Inc., and the City of Mitchellville to preserve and strengthen a healthy business environment for our members and the community.
The Chamber hosts the annual Flavor of Mitchellville held every April and has volunteered time and money with various projects including:
- Santa breakfast sponsored by the American Legion
- Beautification of city streets
- Mitchellville Night at the Cubs
- Southeast Polk School District Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
- Rock the Block (Habitat for Humanity)
- Local business, citizen, and volunteer of the year awards
- Thomas Mitchell Days
The Chamber's fiscal year runs from January 1 to December 31, with officers elected annually. The group meets at the American Legion Hall, 111 Center Avenue North, from Noon to 1:00 p.m. on the second Thursday of each odd numbered month. New members and guests are always welcome.